Vietnam Business Visa services
In accordance with the Law of Vietnam, foreigners must have appropriate Business Visa and Work Permit when working and living in Vietnam.
VinaSC specialized in offering Vietnam Business Visa services.
Our services help foreigners being able to enter Vietnam legally for different purposes: travelling, working assignment, working, doing business, studying, etc.
Therefore, to avoid administrative fines and other penalties, foreigners must complete the procedure of requesting the Visa when entering Vietnam.
Regarding the scope of Vietnam Business Visa services, VinaSC will give advice and support foreigners the following contents:
When do the foreigners need to request the Vietnam Visa?
When foreigners tend to enter Vietnam for travelling, working assignment, working, doing business, studying, etc. he/she must proceed requesting the Visa allowing foreigners to enter Vietnam.
However, not all foreigners need Visa when entering Vietnam. Whereby:
– Pursuant to Articles 12 and 13 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014 (amended and supplemented in 2019) stipulating cases of Visa exemption and unilateral visa exemption;
– Pursuant to Resolution 62/NQ-CP issued on July 21st, 2016 stipulating on visa exemption for flight crew members of foreign airlines operating in Vietnam;
– In addition, the consular affairs portal also specified that Vietnam has signed bilateral visa exemption conventions and agreements with 90 countries and unilateral visa exemption for citizens of 13 countries, etc
Necessary dossiers for requesting the Vietnam Business Visa
Pursuant to Circular 04/2015/TT-BCA issued on January 05th, 2015, stipulating the form of documents related to the entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam, amended and supplemented by Circular 57/2020/TT-BCA issued on June 10th, 2020. Specifically:
1. The application form for Vietnam Visa (visa);
2. Passport (with validity of at least 6 months) or valid international travel documents;
3. Papers of Vietnamese agencies or individuals inviting or guaranteeing foreigners:
– For agencies and organizations: Official letter requesting approval and inspection of foreign personnel on entry.
– For individuals (antecedents guarantee): A petition for antecedents who are foreigners on entry.
4. Documents proving the purpose of entry of foreigners according to regulations (documents proving investment, work permits, etc.)
Procedure of requesting the Vietnam Business Visa
Pursuant to Article 16 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014 (amended and supplemented in 2019); Article 3 of Circular 31/2015/TT-BCA issued on July 06th, 2015 stipulating procedure and competence of requesting Vietnam Visa:
Step 1: Prepare dossiers in accordance with regulations;
Step 2: Submit the application at the Vietnam Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security. The officer receiving the application shall check the legality and content of the application:
– If application is enough và valid, it will be received and printed. The officer will hand over the receipt and set the date of results return.
– If application is not valid, the officer receiving the application shall guide the applicant to supplement the dossier for completeness.
Step 3: Within 05 working days from the date of receiving enough dossiers, Vietnam Immigration Department will issue Visa to foreigner.
Maturity of the Vietnam Visa for foreigners
Based on foreigners’ different purposes of entering Vietnam, there are different Visa symbols for each with different maturity.
Pursuant to Article 9 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014 (amended and supplemented in 2019) stipulating the maturity of some popular Visas as follow:
– Visa ĐT (Investment Visa) – (Divided into ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT 3, ĐT4) its maximum maturity is 01 year (12 months). It is issued for foreign investors and/or the representatives of foreign organizations in Vietnam;
– Visa DN (Business Visa) – (Divided into DN1, DN2) its common maturity is 03 months (90 days). It is issued for foreigners working with businesses, other organizations with legal entity in accordance with the Law of Vietnam, or foreigners offering servicess and performing activities in accordance with international treaties which Vietnam is a member;
– Visa LĐ (Work Visa) – (Included LĐ1, LĐ2) its maximum maturity is 01 year (24 months) or 02 years for temporary residence card application. It is issued for foreigners working in Vietnam who have work permits or confirmation document of not being eligible for work permit.
– Visa DL (Tourist Visa) – its maximum maturity is 03 months (90 days); however, there is only 01 month (30 days) of temporary residence for each time.
What are penalties imposed on foreigners entering Vietnam without appropriate Visa?
If foreigners are unable to present a passport and Visa to enter Vietnam, it can be considered as illegal entry.
Whereby, pursuant to Article 18 of Decree 144/2021 issued on December 31st, 2021 stipulating administrative penalties for violations of regulations on exit, entry, transit, residence and travel. Specifically:
3. The fines ranging from VND 3,000,000 to VND 5,000,000 for one of the following violations:
a) Crossing national borders without undergoing exit and entry procedures as prescribed by the law provisions;
5. The fines ranging from VND 10,000,000 to VND 15,000,000 for one of the following violations:
a) A foreigner entering, doing jobs, or engaging in other activities in Vietnam without permission of a competent Vietnamese agency;
8. Additional penalties:
a) Confiscation of material evidence and means of administrative violation, for the violations specified at Points b, c and d, Clause 3; Point a, Clause 4; Point a, Clause 5; Point c, clause 6; Points a, d, Clause 7 of this Article;
b) Deportation of foreigners who commit administrative violations specified in Clauses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of this Article.
9. Remedial measures:
Forcible return of illegal profits obtained from committing violations specified at Point c, Clause 3, and Points a and c, Clause 5 of this Article.”
*NOTE: Above are individual penalty levels. The fines imposed on organization are double of the individual levels.
Thus, when there is a violation of illegal entry being administratively penalized: The administrative fines can be up to VND 15,000,000 (for an individual); and VND 30,000,000 (for an organization) and other additional penalties.
Why should you use VinaSC’s Vietnam Business Visa services?
– VinaSC with a team of experienced staff in many fields will advise and support to solve legal issues related to Vietnam Business Visa.
– Thorough understanding of the legal provisions on Vietnam Business Visa helps to simplify the procedure and save time in preparing documents.
– Our personnel can meet the needs of foreign languages communication.
– VinaSC’s services cost is consistent with the quality of services that customers receive.
Please contact us for timely advice and support.